Cacao’s Latin name is Theobroma Cacao, which translates to «Food of the Gods»... I cannot agree more!
Raw Cacao beans are known to have more antioxidants than goji berries, tea, blueberries and wine. Ultimately, it’s the flavonoids in cacao that gives it its superfood status.
This flavanol comes from epicatechin, which is retained in dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate.
Benefits of raw cacao
It goes without saying that the benefits of cacao products aremore pronounced the more unprocessed the cacao. These benefits include:
- Controling blood pressure
- Healthy nerve and muscle function thanks to the high magnesium.
- Regulating our digestive system thanks to its high fiber content.
- Preventing anemia thanks to the high iron content.
- Reducing the risks of cardiovascular disease and stroke thanks to the high level of antioxidants.
- Regulating diarrhoea thanks to the polyphenol content.
- Providing a boost in energy thanks to its high healthy fat content.
- Strengthening the immune system with its high vitamin C content.
- Increasing skin health and texture thanks to the flavanol content.
- Improving cognitive function thanks to the iron content providing more oxygen to the brain.
- Increasing happiness! Cacao increase the secretion of phenylethylamine (PEA) which give us a sens of euphoria.
Ways of eating raw cacao
Here are my favourite ways of eating cacao:
- Snacking on nibs: simply eat pinches of cacao nibs while at the office.
- Smoothies: mixing cacao nibs in your smoothies/yoghurts:
- Baking with cacao: add extra nibs in your muffin/cake mix.
- Cacao drinks: mix the powder in different milks for a healthy low sugar beverage.
I would really appreciate if you could take a minute to review Naturalis Balance!
Thank you very much for all your support!